|We have a new online reservation system. Please read directions below.|
|Jun 2013||Jul »|
Please see reservation procedure below.
Who can use the Hut:
The Hut is open to the public and can hold up to 14 people.
Youth and family groups are especially welcome.
What it costs:
Sierra Club Members: $25 per person Saturday only (1 night) (New)
$20.00 per person per night on Friday, Saturday, and holiday. $15.00 per person per night for Sunday through Thursday.
Non-members: $30 per person Saturday only (1 night) (New)
$25.00 per person per night on Friday, Saturday, and holiday. $20 per person per night for Sunday through Thursday.
Children aged 2 to 10: $10 per child per night. Children under 2 are free.
Sierra Club Groups: $15 per person per night.
Youth based non-profit groups: $10.00 per person per night.
THE PARK CHARGES A PARKING FEE of $6.00 per night for each car at the parking lot.
Rangers will give tickets for non-payment.
- Reservations will be considered up to four months in advance. (For example, on January 1 we start booking for the whole month of April.)
- Each group should designate a contact person to represent the group. The contact person receives e-mail from the Hiker's Hut reservation system and is responsible for mailing the hut fee.
- To request a reservation, please click the "Request Reservation" button.
Fill in the online form and click the "Send" button.
- The Hiker's Hut volunteer staff will process your reservation request and will contact you by e-mail typically on the upcoming Monday or Thursday, whichever comes first.
If there are no conflicting reservation requests (see note below), you will receive a "tentative confirmation"
Note: If there are multiple requests that overlap with each other, the group that requested at the earliest time will get the reservation.
- To finalize your reservation, you need to send your total fee within 10 days of receiving your "tentative confirmation" e-mail. Please make your check payable to: Coast Range Hike and Hut, and mail to: Sierra Club, 3921 E. Bayshore Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303, Attention: Hiker's Hut.
- When your check is received by the Sierra Club, you will receive a "final confirmation" e-mail. This e-mail will also provide you with additional information on use of the Hiker's Hut.
- To cancel your reservation, please call (650) 390-8411 x393. Your remittance will be refunded if another group uses the Hiker's Hut for a period that includes the entire period of the canceled reservation. Otherwise, the fee will be forfeited. There will be no refunds for a cancellation within one week of a planned stay. Partial refunds will not be processed.
Feel free to call (650) 390-8411 x393 with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your interest in the Hiker's Hut!