Rules of the Hut:
- You may not leave any property of any kind at the Hut once you have finished your trip. This means, among other things: no food, no garbage, no firewood. If you leave anything at the Hut, you may be charged for the expense of removing it. There is no garbage or housekeeping service at the Hut. All guests share the responsibility of leaving the Hut in good condition for the next group.
- You have to get to the Hut under your own power. You cannot drive any motor vehicle. You must park your car at in the Sam McDonald Parking lot and pay the $5.00 per vehicle fee.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, and illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Radios, pets, and firearms are prohibited.
- Never stack fire wood inside the Hut for any reason. Only bring in enough wood for the fire you are using in the fire place. Help discourage creation of mouse habitat inside the Hut.
- Fires are not permitted anywhere in the Park except in Park constructed pits near the parking lot and in the Hut's wood burning stove. Do not bring portable barbeques or backpacker types stoves. They are NOT permitted. Fire hazard is high, especially summer through autumn.
- The cutting and gathering of wood is prohibited and strictly controlled by Park Rangers.
- Trip leaders and Park Rangers can expel anyone not conforming to reasonable standards of behavior.
- All park regulations shall apply to the persons using the Hut and the Park Rangers shall be permitted access to the Hut at all times and have the ability to enforce these regulations.
- You are liable for any damage to the Hut and its surroundings. Take good care of the Hut; it belongs to all of us.